MUSE, THE DARKNESS and KINGS OF LEON head the second round of names to be added to next years BIG DAY OUT line-up.
Following the international success of their third album Absolution, Muse join The Strokes and Metallica on the Australian travelling festival, which starts in January next year.
Keeping the dance end up on the line-up are Felix Da Housecat, Audio Bullys, David Holmes and Afrika Bambaataa.
Meanwhile, The Sleepy Jackson, Lostprophets, Thursday and Poison The Well complete the list of new additions.
Already announced for Big Day Out 2004 are The Flaming Lips, The Dandy Warhols, The Mars Volta, Peaches, Basement Jaxx, Aphex Twin, The Datsuns and Jet.
The dates are as follows:
* Auckland Ericsson Stadium, New Zealand (January 16)
* Gold Coast Parklands (18)
* Sydney Showground (23)
* Melbourne RAS Showground (26)
* Adelaide Royal Showground (30)
* Perth Claremont Showground (February 1)